Can you believe it’s less than six weeks until Royal Ascot?
Arguably the world’s most famous race meeting, and certainly the most glamorous event on London’s sporting calendar, we’re well on the countdown as our number of orders from the UK increases daily.
As we did for our US-based customers for the Kentucky Derby, below is a rough guide to shipping times for those of you wanting to receive a fascinator from us in time for Royal Ascot.
As we make our fascinators to order & have quite a few on the go at any one time, it normally takes us somewhere between 1-3 business days to finish & dispatch an order.
It pays to check the “ready to shop” timings (under the “Shipping & Policies” tab by your chosen fascinator) though, as some pieces may even take a little longer. This generally means we’re waiting on materials to arrive from suppliers, or we’re just plain old busy!
If you need a fascinator urgently, do send us a message though – it may be that we can slightly tweak a style, change the colour or even bump you up the waiting list a little (a “rush order” charge may apply)
We use New Zealand Post who offer a few different shipping services with varying ‘delivery targets’ (they use that term to remove any guarantee of exact delivery times).
The below dates assume you require your fascinator by Day 1 of Royal Ascot – Tuesday 14 June 2016.
- This has a delivery target (NOT guarantee) of 6-10 working days to get an item to the UK
- This service is untracked, meaning you cannot trace your fascinator’s journey from New Zealand to your door
- You can get a fascinator delivered to a Postal Box using this method
- This service is NZ$30 (approx. £15) including packaging for one fascinator
- While we offer this as a shipping option due to its low cost which appeals to many customers, this is NOT our preferred method of shipping given you cannot track your item’s progress and we have had instances of fascinators arriving much later than New Zealand Post’s estimated delivery target – select this option at your own risk!
Based on NZ Post’s delivery targets, the absolute last day we think you should risk selecting this service is for orders that can be dispatched by Monday 30 May – meaning we meaning we would love to have your order in by 9am Wednesday 25 May 2016.
- This has a delivery target (NOT GUARANTEE) of 5-6 working days to get an item to the UK and is a door-to-door service with a signature required upon delivery
- Shipping is tracked, so you can follow your fascinator’s journey as it leaves New Zealand and wings its way to you
- This service is NZ$55 (approx £27.50) including packaging for one fascinator
- This our preferred method over International Air as it gives both parties piece of mind that the item is on its way & has been received
Based on NZ Post’s delivery targets, the absolute last day we think you should risk selecting this service is is for orders that can be dispatched by Friday 3 June 2016 – meaning we would love to have your order in by 9am Tuesday 31 May 2016.
INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS / FAST COURIER:
- This has a delivery target (NOT GUARANTEE) of 2-4 working days to get an item to the UK
- Shipping is tracked, it’s door-to-door (no post boxes) & a signature is required upon delivery
- NZ Post require a destination phone number for this method – please leave one in your order notes
- This service is NZ$90 (approx. £45) including packaging for one fascinator
- If you’re short of time or want your fascinator to fly the shipping world’s ‘first class ticket’ equivalent, this is the service for you
Based on NZ Post’s delivery targets, the absolute last day we think you should risk sending anything through this service is Tuesday 7 June 2016 – meaning we would love to have your order in by 9am Thursday 2 June 2016 NZ time.
WORD TO THE WISE
We leave it up to the wise judgement of our buyers as to which service they wish to use to receive their fascinator. A late, lost or damaged delivery is unfortunately not our responsibility.
When counting ‘working days’, bear in mind New Zealand Post often count the day in which we drop your fascinator to their Post Offices as ‘Day Zero’ (so you may need to add another day in to your calculations).
New Zealand is one day ahead of the UK – so the above suggested order & delivery cut-off dates are in NEW ZEALAND times and are the absolute last days we would suggest you consider leaving things to.
Ensure that whatever shipping method you choose, it has ‘UK’ attached to it – we can’t express ship a fascinator to the UK if you have selected say, ‘Australia’ as the destination.
And one more time – New Zealand post only offer ‘Delivery Targets‘ – these are not delivery guarantees. If you are unsure whether your fascinator will make it in time, we cannot recommend enough that you upgrade your shipping to a faster option!
- New Zealand Post’s world zone delivery targets
- Currency converter
- Current time & day in New Zealand
- Shop SHOW PONY Millinery’s Royal Ascot fascinators
- SHOW PONY Millinery’s Shipping FAQs